Gerstner‘s group in Lausanne, Switzerland has announced a competition to predict the electrical behavior of individual neurons in two respects:
1) predict the timing of every spike that a neuron emits with a precision of 2ms.
2) predict the subthreshold membrane potential with a precision of 2mV for arbitrary input.
Details on the competition, including the dataset (released 16 March 2007), are here.
Note that the first prize winner receives:
– 4 nights of hotel in Lausanne at the Lake Geneva, June 23-27.
– Free participation in the Quantitative Neuron Modeling workshop June 25/26
– 35-minute-slot for talk as an Invited Speaker in the workshop.
(posted by Dave Matthews)